Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Ah, the joys

I haven't blogged much about the Great Wasp War, but suffice it to say that when we returned from vacation, we had thousands of wasps that had made their nests under our eves. The battle has been long, but we have mostly prevailed - except for a few dozen wasps that persist in hanging out on our front door. Oh well, I suppose it's a great way to keep the Jehovah's Witnesses from coming 'round.

In addition, I have an unfortunate tendency to occasionally find scorpions in our kitchen sink. At least in a contained area they're easy to squish.

And tonight, Herbert the Rat Snake (he's definitely a Herbert and not a Nicodemus - sooo much easier to call him "Herbie" when I'm looking for him) was hanging out behind the feed bins in the back shed while I did night check. At least he kept to himself. However, I did request that he leave a note on the shed door with his whereabouts each evening so that I won't have to inspect the shed for his current location. We'll see how that works out.

Given these critters that we have, I'm wondering how everyone else feels about them. So for entertainment, there's a poll in the right column. But beware: I'm tracking the responses and will happily FedEx you whichever critter you select as your favorite. Trust me, I've got plenty to share. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment