Thursday, November 4, 2010

Surprise!

I have better friends than I deserve.

Today I came home from work to find a box from LL Bean just inside the gate. I was sort of expecting to find said box, since MC over at Otter Tales suggested I check to see if there might be one... but still, a surprise! I was intrigued.

I cheerfully ripped the box open to discover that MC had sent me a weather station! I had commented earlier that I really wished I had an outdoor thermometer, and apparently MC, being the attentive person she is, made note of that and ordered one for me. I immediately put the batteries in, set the outside sensor on the kitchen windowsill, and watched the thermometer do its thing.

Outside temp is on the top, inside temp is in the middle. Time (not yet set correctly) is at the bottom. How completely cool is that!

Thanks, MC! This is a truly cool surprise and I absolutely love it!

2 comments:

  1. I forgot to mention - you could have had it in hibiscus if you'd wanted...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good heavens, "hibiscus" sounds like a positively dreadful color. I'll take black, thanks!

    ReplyDelete