Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Meeting bloggers IRL: Team Flying Solo and Eventer79


I've been following the Team Flying Solo blog for years, and have admired first Solo and then Encore as she's taken them up through the levels. I knew they were located somewhere in North Carolina, and since hubby and I were headed there for the holidays, we got in touch and made arrangements to meet in person. She even promised that I'd get to meet the famous Solo and sidekick Encore, and get to see the brand-spanking-new Flying Solo Farm! Who could possibly resist such an offer?

Eventer79 proved to be just as awesome in real life as she is in bloggerland. We had a super awesome afternoon with her adorable ponies, followed by a tour of Flying Solo Farm - with is just gorgeous

I'm on the left, the Very Famous Solo is in the middle, and Eventer79 is on the right.


Hubby meets Encore, who was very personable. 


Like, REALLY up close and personable!

Solo was a bit more aloof, but was more than happy to help consume the five-pound bag of carrots we brought.

Eventer79 is only the the third blogger I've ever met in person - the other two are Andrea from Project Runaway and Lauren from SheMovedToTexas. Have you ever met any bloggers IRL?

14 comments:

  1. Well aside from meeting awesome YOU, Daun and I used to run together a bit when I lived up north, and I got to ride the Big Brego and foxhunt with her and eat her delicious delicious farm food! I crossed paths with many readers when I had Gogo, but since then haven't really met anybody intentionally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doh, how could I forget Daun! She used to live down here too. I miss her!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's so funny how we managed to figure out we actually lived in the same town, isn't it?

      Delete
  3. I love blogger meet ups. I've met Brooke (formerly Denali's mom, now FBX Adventures) and Pia's Parade, plus I know my local bloggers. I want to go down south and meet the warm weather folks, but I have yet to align money and free time. :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be fun to do an equestrian blogger meetup, but we all spend all our time and money on our horses - none left for travel. But if you ever decide to head this way, my house is open!

      Delete
  4. Very cool, I hope I get to meet you one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be super cool! Maybe I'll get out your way soon - there are tons of bloggers in your neck of the woods!

      Delete
  5. Fun! I haven't met any blogger buds yet but hope to meet up with,y local group soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun! I have met the locals that I already knew but would love to meet more (Hint hint Emily!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you know how much I had to bribe her to say I'm awesome?? ;P Solo is awesome though. Hee!

    It was great to meet Jen and her husband and actually show someone the farm! I have met a couple other folks through blogger world, at least four or five are down in Southern Pines (Alana, Suzanne and Allie with CANTER MA, Seema from The Florida Chronicles, ACME from The Journey Begins), another (Erica) actually just moved nearby recently, I hooked her up with my realtor, and I met Beast Eventer at Waredaca in 2013 where we hooked her up with an award for her amazing feats of exemplary horsewomanship!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, no bribery required at all!

      Apparently all da bloggers are on the coasts - how cool that you've gotten to meet so many!

      Delete