Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Do not feed fingers to the Bregos

If you watched the Brego Rocks the Quintain video from the other day, you saw the short clip at the end of hubby feeding the Black Rhino a treat. Honestly, it's sort of like watching a great white go after a bait fish.

Alas, Black Rhino teeth and hubby's fingers don't mix.

Ow.

Fortunately, it's just a flesh wound, and hubby has learned that care must be taken when hand-feeding Bregos. Brego doesn't mean to hurt anyone, of course, he just gets so excited about a treat that he sort of forgets what his teeth are doing. As for me, I'll be feeding Brego treats out of a feed bowl. I want to keep all my appendages, thanks!

9 comments:

  1. Ouch!
    Speedy recovery vibes being sent to the hubster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little ice and some Surpass and he's good as new!

      Delete
  2. Funny, as in ironic, not hahahaha. Ashke snatched at a carrot last night and caught most of my hand. Thank god he felt it and let go otherwise I could have been missing fingers. That was a first for us. Usually he is much more polite. Maybe he was channeling his inner Great White?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OUCH! I'm glad your hand is OK. Brego is not nearly as careful - once he chomps, he's in it for good!

      Delete
  3. I've started bringing him whole carrots instead of baby-cut ones. He gets to take two bites and Cash or Paddy gets the piece that's left. Mind you, Brego thinks he can manage the whole carrot in one shot...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pretty sure he CAN manage one carrot in one bite, lol! Delicate table manners are not his forte.

      Delete
  4. awww oh no! hope the finger heals up quickly!

    ReplyDelete