1. My husband is the most awesome horse show husband IN THE ENTIRE WORLD. Not only did he put up with me, he also made me breakfast, walked Paddy, helped groom and tack Paddy, tried to muck, kept me on time, called my tests, and let me spend way too much money on pictures and videos. Seriously, he's THE BEST!
I bet your husband doesn't do this. Neener neener!
2. I suck dealing with hair - both Paddy's and my own. Paddy's braids looked like a 10 year old had done them, and my hair... yeesh. I need to find a better way to deal with it that does not involve a floppy show bow. And no, NO HUNTER HAIR.
3. Air BNB is not always the way to go. #uncomfortablebedssuck
4. The restaurant right next to the show grounds has the best margaritas EVER. OMG. I had two... I wanted twelve.
5. The horse world is a small one. We met a guy who works two buildings over from hubby, and happens to take lessons at a place we drive by to get to our trainers. We had a great time making friends and cheering for him and his GIANT 18.1 hh horse.
6. There are a lot of "meh" riders that are scoring really well on very expensive fancy-moving horses. I'm trying not to be jealous.
7. Paddy requires beauty rest every day between 10 and noon. If you schedule a dressage test during these times, you will have to pry a cranky Haffie up from his nap.
And really, he's just too cute to disturb...
9. San Antonio Rose Palace is a super nice facility. Big stalls, excellent footing, great parking... and did I mention the restaurant next door with the margaritas? We'll be going back.
10. My trainer is awesome. Although she couldn't attend, she sent about 20 suggestions for warming up (which husband dutifully relayed), texted me scores before they were posted, and called in between classes. She was definitely there in spirit, even if she wasn't there in person!
Overall, it was a really good show, and we learned a lot and had a great time! More to follow...
Blurry screener. I get the pro pics in a week or two.