Tuesday, January 17, 2017

2016 year end awards

Our local USDF GMO held its annual awards banquet this weekend, and for the first time, hubby and I attended. It was a fun little dinner, although it's so weird to see people without their helmets on! I swear I'm better at recognizing horses than people, which made for a few awkward moments while I figured out who everyone was.

Taran had a pretty amazing year last year, especially considering where we started. He ended up 103 in the nation at First level, with an average score of 65.687. He was also Champion at First level for our GMO, and Reserve at Training. We snagged a couple of saddle pads, because who doesn't need more saddle pads?


The only problem with having a saddle pad with "Champion" on it is I feel like if we used it for a lesson, he'd be a complete jerk just because. These will probably be used for rides at home... no point in tempting fate, you know?

17 comments:

  1. Wahoo, yay awards! But satin would have been more fun :) But yay for prizes in general!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Those are some pretty saddle pads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for year end awards!! Especially useful ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I like that those aren't white, because I feel like white year-end prizes just never stay clean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything white, prize or not, never stays clean!! ;-)

      Delete
  5. That's awesome, big congrats to you and Taran!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, those are super classy looking! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO COOL

    I'd pimp those babies everywhere. My huge ass event derby ribbon is still in my kitchen and I look at it every day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome results!! You guys have been doing fantastic lately from the looks of it. So excited to see how this year goes for y'all :D I actually have one saddle pad that I won as part of a medal final, and after three years, I've yet to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woo that's awesome!! Congrats!!! Also agreed on the non-white pads, I would use my year end pads way more if they were a different color

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not to go off topic, but you should dye them. I got a white Irish knit anti-sweat sheet as a year end award and I have a bottle of teal RIT dye calling it's name.... haha. It's on my perpetual to do list!

      Delete
  10. I won a pad in a classic at a show, used it the next day, and then fell off. Just saying...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoo hoo! Well deserved! Congrats. And I agree about the weirdness of seeing barn people with like, makeup on and their hair down. It's a shock!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOOOOOOWWWWW!!! congrats! Well deserved, what an improvement over the year!

    ReplyDelete