Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Thrift Shop parody - Poppin' tags at the Tack Swap

If you haven't heard the song Thrift Shop by Macklemore, give it a listen before reading on...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, can we go tack shopping???

I'm gonna swap some tack,

 
Only got twenty dollars in my pocket

I - I - I'm hunting, looking for a halter

That is f**king awesome


Y'all, walk up to the barn like, "What up? I got an old riding crop!"

I'm just so pumped, I got some stuff from the tack swap


Chaps with the fringe, it's so damn frosty


That people like, "Damn! That's a cold ass donkey."


Rollin' in, hella deep, stunin' in my riding jeans,


Dressed in all pink, 

'cept my bell boots, those are green.


Draped in a leopard fleece, girls standin' next to me
Probably shoulda washed this, smells like that gelding's sheets (Horse Piiisssssss)

But sh!t, it was ninety-nine cents! 
Coppin' it, washin' it, 'bout to go and get some compliments


Passin' up on those muck boots someone else's been walkin' in

Bummy and grungy, f*ck it, man
I am stuntin' and flossin' and
Savin' my money and I'm hella happy that's a bargain, beotch

I'ma take your grandpa's style, 
I'ma take your grandpa's style,


No for real - ask your grandpa - can I have his hand-me-downs? 


(Thank you)Blue gum boots

 and some old clippers

Dookie brown barn jacket that I found digging'

They had a mean Fjord, I bought a mean Fjord


I bought a Rambo blanket, 

then I bought an old Ford.

Hello, hello, my ace man, my Mello


Them hipsters ain't got nothing on my breeches, h3ll no


I could take some saddle pads, make them cool, sell those



But Smartpak ain't got nothing on my worn-out Velcro

[Chorus]

What you know about rockin' a GPA on your noggin?


What you knowin' about wearin' a dressage stock pin?


I'm digging, I'm digging, I'm searching right through those strap goods


One man's trash, that's another man's Beval


Thank your granddad for donating those pinks from hunting'
Cause right now I'm up here just stuntin'

I'm at the tack swap, you can find me in the (Ariats)
I'm not, I'm not stuck, I’m searchin' in that section (Ariats)
Your grammy, your aunty, your momma, your mammy


I'll take those flannel zebra sleazies, second-hand, I rock that mofo



The built-in onesie with the socks on that mofo
I hit the barn and they stop in that mofo

They be like, "Oh, that Animo - that's hella tight.
"I'm like, "Yo - that's two hundred dollas for a polo shirt"

Limited edition, let's do some simple addition
$200 for a polo - that's just some ignorant beeeeotch
I call that getting swindled and pimped
I call that getting tricked by a business
That shirt's hella dough


And having the same one as six other people in this show is a hella don't


Show time, come take a look through my closet yo


Tryna get those DQs from a brand and you hella won't
Man you hella won't

(Tack swap... poppin' tags... yeah!)


I wear your trainer's clothes
I look incredible
I'm in this Pikeur coat

From that tack swap down the road
I wear your trainer's clothes 
I look incredible 
I'm in this Pikeur coat 


From that tack swap down the road 


Is that your trainer's coat?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Many thanks to Shyloh's mom for the inspiration for this post. Also to Jen (with one n) from Cob Jockey for help with pics and lyrics.

All pics were stolen shamelessly from the Interwebz. I own none of them, nor do I own the song Thrift Shop. 

32 comments:

  1. Oh. My. GOD. This is so hilarious, I LOVE it!!!!! Think you should work on filming a parody video next to accompany this sweet song....Paddy included of course! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You find me a voice to do it, we'll make it happen. ;)

      Delete
  2. OH MY GOD!!! That's absolutely amazing. Sharing with all my horsey friends immediately. Chaps with the fringe are SO damn frosty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonus if you have a pic of yourself in chaps with fringe...

      Delete
  3. Hahaha! Love this! You took it so much farther than I ever could, great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg dyyyyyyyyyyying. This is even more fabulous than I pictured!

    As a small sidenote, I photoshopped the black/pink colors on that "custom" Mattes pad many years ago at SmartPak. Glad it's gone to good use here :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, nice 'shop job! I wanted a pic of a Mattes pad that was very obv Mattes and custom and dressage... that was perfect!

      Delete
  5. This is f*cking awe-some! ;D

    (delete in case blogger didn't eat my first comment)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. While I'd love to take all the credit, I did have help!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Sweet! I'd like a new bridle and also some fringe chaps as my prize... ;)

      Delete
  8. Yo. That's $200 for a polo shirt. :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Took me a while and I had help, but I just couldn't resist!

      Delete
  10. I am dying over here- love love love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! Now I'm going to be singing these lyrics instead of the real ones every time this song comes on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHAHA! People are gonna look at you funny...

      Delete
  12. I LOVED this!! I can only dream of being that creative!

    ReplyDelete