Having said that, I'm kind of a goal oriented person. If I have shows on the calendar, I'll be damn sure to get in all the lessons and ride 5-6 days a week and have A Plan. But at the same time, I don't want to expect too much, you know? So this year I'm breaking my goals down.
- Keep Taran sound, healthy, and happy!
- Qualify for Regionals at first level again (need 1 more score)
- Qualify for Regionals with a first level freestyle (need a freestyle)
- Get my bronze medal scores at second
- Qualify for Regionals at 2nd level (2-3 looks impossible right now, ack!)
- Qualify for Nationals with the first level freestyle (last year I think 4 of the 5 first level freestyle riders in Region 9 scored over a 68%, so maybe there's hope?)
Oh but hell, while I'm at it...
- Figure out how to do flying changes
- Ride a 3rd level test
- Get bronze scores at 3rd level
Oh and if you're wondering about how I did with last year's goals? My one big goal was to memorize my damn tests. I only went off course once in 2016, so I'll consider that a success!