Remember last year when Lauren and I invited everyone to a bloggers weekend in Austin? Well, that's officially happening! There's even a date...
Now, we're basically two months out so it's time to really confirm details. We want to create Facebook group or e-mail list of people who are seriously interested in coming whether you are local and would love to meet up for a day or want to fly in and stay with either Lauren or myself.
Before we go any further with the proposed itinerary or reasons you should come hang out with us, please fill out this survey if you are interested in coming. It's extremely important that we collect all the details so we can pull off this event!
Okay, on to some potential plannings and happenings! I also want to note that though Lauren and I have primarily worked together on this proposed schedule, there are also other cool Austin bloggers who are certainly included in any fun/hosting they want to (we just didn't want to commit ya'll to stuff against your will... muhahaha).
- Arrive in Austin per your schedule.
- Any early arrivers can enjoy south Austin activities...
- Lauren can shuttle people from the airport during business hours.
- I can shuttle people from airport in early evening
- Dinner provided at Lauren's house (Mauldin Bungalow) for everyone. Post dinner shenanigans to be determined.
- Group splits up into accommodations
- Breakfast provided at the Mauldin Bungalow
- Venture up north to see the amazing Simon pants
- Tack shopping at Dover Saddlery and/or The Tack Shop of Austin
- Out to lunch
- Journey back down south to the world's cutest Haflinger & versatile (also cute) Draft Horse
- Possible afternoon activity like wine tasting, depending on time
- Dinner provided at Wyvern Oaks
- For night owls, go visit some Austin nightlife downtown
- Breakfast provided at Wyvern Oaks
- Traveling to/from airport for folks
Of course, this schedule is pretty tentative since we're two months out and subject to change/be added to depending on how many people we actually have coming.
What kind of expenses will I have for this weekend?
Since we know that traveling is not super cheap, we're trying to keep the expenses as low as possible for folks. Here's what you can expect:
- Cost of getting to and from Austin
- Money for Lunch
- Money for any drinking/shopping/misc
- Cost of getting to and from airport if your arrival/departure time is outside of when Lauren or Jen can pick you up (roughly $40 each way)
Am I really invited?
You really are! We really hope you come and enjoy and have fun meeting other bloggers :) Please don't forget to take the survey so we can make this idea a reality.