Lists for your show stuff
- I sort of have a list of what I need... in my head.
- I have a packing list I use every time.
Sometimes I get fancy and put it on my phone.
- It's a good thing I show because otherwise my tack would never get cleaned.
- I clean my tack sometimes so getting it show-ready is NBD.
- I wipe my tack after every ride so it just needs a touch-up for shows.
- My tack is always ready to go to an A show.
At least it's not *dirty*
- I have to clean out my trailer to pack for a show (also known as, "Honey, here's the jousting shield you've been looking for!")
- My tackroom might need a little sweeping, but it's usually pretty quick to get it ready.
- My trailer is always tidy, so I just toss in my show stuff.
- Everything is in it's place, neatly labeled and stacked, so I'm always ready to go.
- I have everything I need... somewhere (except my $@%^(@#$ stock pin, which has gone MIA again). Stuff may or may not be clean.
- I have everything I need, I know where it is, and it's all clean.
- I have everything I need cleaned and packed together in a bag that has its own place in my closet, so I just toss that in my car.
- I think there's a horse-like object under the hair and mud. Can someone pass me a gallon of shampoo?
- I need at least 3 hours to tidy, clip, trim, and bathe.
- A quick bath and maybe a little tidying is all I need to do.
- My horse is ready to go to an A show at any time.
He's half Fells pony, so I'm sure feathers are OK.
Drinking cider while packing for a show
- Why didn't I think of that?
- Best idea ever
- You might forget something!
If you got more than a 14, can I hire you as a groom? Pleeeeeze?
I got exactly a 14. Is that okay? Can I still be your groom? I promise to supply a cold cider as you exit the ring. Maybe I should go back and select "My horse is ready to go to an A show at any time" instead of "A quick bath and maybe a little tidying is all I need to do". I mean, he's pasture boarded and so has a little scruff on his hocks. Otherwise he's clean, clipped, trimmed, and ready to go every day. Good thing, too. Since it's now planning to snow for our show, a bath is clearly out of the question!ReplyDelete
Yes, please for the love of cod come be my groom. I need all the help I can get.Delete
I got 15 for grad school show version of myself and 17 for when I'm not in grad school :PReplyDelete
Dang, a 15 during grad school deserves a medal. You must be superwoman to be so organized!Delete
I'm a 15... let's hang out.ReplyDelete
Oh no... Because I know you'll only groom for me if I'm riding paddykins, and then the real reason you're here is to STEAL HIM. I see right through that ploy...Delete
I got a 16, so should you ever be NC bound I would totally be your person. My biggest issue is that while everything (or most things except boots) are clean and ready, I use a lot of my "show/ hunt" clothes for regular riding, so I have to walk around and find things the night before. My horses are always ready to go, so that makes up for a lot.ReplyDelete
Ugh, my horses all look like feral rejects. I just never keep them trimmed and tidy unless they're going to a show.Delete
I got a 19... really, aside from forgetting my pesto occasionally everything has its place and it goes there and stays there. ORGANIZATION IS LIFE.ReplyDelete
ARE YOU EVEN HUMAN??? And also, if I buy you a plane ticket, will you come organize my life???Delete
13 here - altho part of that is because i don't HAVE a trailer so I can't leave stuff in it.ReplyDelete
and also i like cider.
Well if you like cider then obviously you're in. Come join the party!Delete
I'm a 15 as well... and I like being a groom, so this could work.ReplyDelete
Seeing as how you show less inclination to steal paddy than Aimee does, we might be able to work something out.Delete
Cider and FIREBALL, dude. And yeah I did not score a 14. But I would still be your groom! I am always way more clean and organized for others than I am for myself. hahaReplyDelete
Cider and fireball and less than a 14? Can you imagine us at a show together?? I'm giggling at the thought...Delete
I think you need to add a 0 point answer like for drinking while packing 0 points if you're already drunk. Or for lists, 0 points if you're first thought was, oh wow, people actually make lists?ReplyDelete
Oh dang it, you're right, this quiz is horribly skewed.Delete
And I know, what's with that lists thing? Who actually does that?
I'm at 13 before getting to the cider question. Since I have a list, stored on my phone, that I use then I can choose #4 and go Crazy! for a 17. Right?!ReplyDelete
Uh, suuure.. ;)Delete
2 (cleanliness arguable)
So... Not groom material. But also probably not freaking out about it either ;)
Lol totally with you there ;)Delete
Um, I got a 9 :)ReplyDelete
FINALLY, a woman after my own heart! We should start a club... Or seek therapy, I'm not sure which.Delete
So I got a 12, but that's only because I've never considered cider as a pre-show drink. My personal trainer always says I'm too dehydrated. Cider should fix that, right?ReplyDelete
Cider counts as 2 servings of fruit too, so obviously you should!Delete
16...we are an ocd bunch apparently!ReplyDelete
Half OCD, half complete slackers. Woohoo!Delete
oh my I think I am the worst person when it comes to show prep: I have everything ready such that I could easily go to a show...NOW :DDD So I am well above 15 :DDDDReplyDelete
You make the rest of us look bad. Thaaaanks... ;)Delete
pahahhahaaha I am sorry but I am a freak when it comes to organizing and packing - born prepared :DDelete
Afraid I'd be of no use except possibly distracting you and/or soothing nerves would be the only way I'd be in anyway useful.ReplyDelete
Oh well and I can hold he horse...I got 10 *cough*
I still win... I got a 7. :PDelete
WHat if I answer with the 3s or 4s even though I really need to be doing the 2s? Like my horse needs a 3 hour clip and groom session but screw it I procrastinated and now I have twenty minutes to make the brown stains look naturalReplyDelete
So, pre-crazy-school-work-schedule Me got a 17. I was almost always ready to just pick up and go with Kacey to a show - but the shows I went to were a little more easy on the grooming & tack, and so my prep was easier.ReplyDelete
Crazy-school-work-schedule Me got a 14. *laughs*