Friday, December 11, 2009

You know you're remodeling a house when...

So last night I was doing laundry - again - and I found six screws in the bottom of the washing machine. For a moment I couldn't figure out where they had come from, and then I realized that I had stuck them in my pocket for "safekeeping" when I was pulling face plates off of electrical outlets.

That was my second clue that we're remodeling a house.

The first has been the nightly loads of laundry. It's cold, and the temperature in the house is only set to 55 degrees, so we bundle up when we go out there to work. We get covered in cement dust and sheet rock dust. Every night when we come home, there's an entire load of laundry that needs doing. Fun, fun.

Another clue that we're remodeling was found in a blog a friend of mine sent me a few weeks ago, There, I Fixed It: Epic Kludges + Jury Rigs. If you haven't seen the blog, it's really good for a laugh. Anyway, I realized that I could be sending in pictures of kludges from the house... yikes! Yeah, that's why we're renovating!

No comments:

Post a Comment