Thursday, February 28, 2019

TBT: Freestyle video from USDF Nationals 2017

I was going through some random USB sticks the other day and found the one with our freestyle video from USDF Nationals in 2017. I'd actually never seen the video, so it was a nice surprise!

Sound on for Star Wars!

Watching this is a little bittersweet - Nationals was such an amazing experience, and I wish we'd been able to go back. I think about how far we've come since then, and how much I wish we had been able to do a second and third level freestyle. I had the music all picked out and the choreography sketched out too. Sniff.

All this is just to say, create wonderful memories and cherish them (like I will never forget that spook at A, because REALLY TARAN???). Do the things you want to do with your horse now, because you just don't know what tomorrow holds.

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I went through SO MANy options before deciding on that one. Plus my husband threatened to kill me if I did a 70s freestyle...

      Delete
  2. aw <3 and i agree so fully with your point to "create wonderful memories and cherish them." it's so so so important, bc even tho it's hard to think about, you never know when the memories will be all that's left...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, don't wait to do the thing you want to do, just go for it. You'll never regret having done it. You WILL regret not doing it.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. We had SO much fun with it, and I couldn't help but grinning ear to ear every time we walked into the arena to that music!

      Delete
  4. awww Taran! I love how epileptic the jumbotron was in the background

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh yeah that thing seriously needed to be fixed.

      Delete
  5. Awesome! And I so agree on the last statement, it fuels much of what I have done. If you have an opportunity to do something with your horse, DO IT -- opportunities are not infinite, time is so very precious, and tomorrow may very likely not be what you think it will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. Always Do The Thing. You just don't know what the future holds.

      Delete
  6. Wow - the music fit his gaits so well - ya'll looked great. Loved this!❤️ Also freaked out by the jumbotron lol...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The music is carefully timed to fit his gaits - hours and hours and hours of editing!

      Delete