Monday, February 15, 2016

Sh!ttiest Valentine's Day present EVAR / Spread the love

YOU GUYS. This is my Valentine's day present:

Not the tractor, that was Valentine's day 2 years ago. The thing behind it.

You know what that is? That, my non-hobby-farm-friends, is a manure spreader.

Oh, how I love thee.

Lest you crucify my dear, darling, wonderful, thoughtful husband, I asked for this to be my present. You have no idea how much of a PITA it is to spread composted manure by hand, using just a wheelbarrow and a rake. It's time consuming and tiring. This spreader is basically life-changing.

He even assembled it for me, and I've been gleefully spreading the love ever since!


See that thinly, evenly spread tiny chopped up manure bits? You have no idea how happy this makes me.

Note: I actually threatened my husband that if he ever spent that much money on jewelry, I'd kill him in his sleep. A girl's gotta have priorities, right?

37 comments:

  1. That is AWESOME!!! A girl after my own heart... if my husband buys me jewelry I get irritated, but a MANURE SPREADER!? That's a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone at my office thought I was crazy... I'm glad someone understands!

      Delete
  2. Bought AND assembled?! That really is love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is definitely a much better gift than jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's no rule that says he couldn't have got you chocolate AND a manure spreader, is there? I'd say flowers, but they'd probably be broccoli florets...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo hoo! Here's to functional gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. He is and you can't have him neener neener.

      Delete
  7. wtf who buys jewelry. dumbest gift ever.

    This is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray for manure spreaders! Hooray for practical gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. CFS, you have a tractor. Do you know how jealous I am of your tractor???

      Delete
  10. Heck yes, this is an awesome Valentine's gift. Woohoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. Practical is the word you might be looking for... ;)

      Delete
  12. My husband also knows better than to buy me jewelry. Alas, we just don't celebrate Valentine's day so I didn't get a manure spreader either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For us it's more of an excuse to get something we really want and would use a lot but don't "need". If that makes sense.

      Delete
  13. That looks amazing. Putting that on my want list. I have ten acres so all the room to spread manure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With more property you could probably use a different one, but this one is perfect for our tiny place!

      Delete
  14. I love you both so much, there are not words to express.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. My SO is also one for practical gifts. He has never given me any type of jewelry! 100% of the electronic and appliances (minus the stove and fridge) in my house are thanks to him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love appliances. They're like power tools for the kitchen!

      Delete