Monday, February 1, 2016

Aforementioned chocolate cake

On Friday, I mentioned that while Hubby was going jousting, I planned to stay home, do some dressagzes, and eat chocolate cake. I'm pleased to say that all these things happened.

And that I'm going to share the chocolate cake recipe, because it's for MOLTEN CHOCOLATE LAVA CAKE and it's so easy and so (soooooo) delicious. And everyone needs this in their lives.

Preheat oven to 400F. Butter & flour 6 ramekins or small Pyrex baking dishes

  1. Cream 1/3 cup sugar with 4 tablespoons of butter
  2. Add 3 eggs, one at a time, and beat very, very well after adding each one (I have a stand mixer, I used high speed for 2 minutes after each egg)
  3. Fold in 1/3 cup of flour (I used a spatula for this - basically, you don't want to use a mixer for this, just gently stir in the flour)
  4. Melt 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips (or 8 oz baking chocolate, whatever you have on hand) (I do this in the microwave, 30 seconds at a time, stirring lots in between. It doesn't take long and you don't want to burn the chocolate, so be careful!)
  5. Fold in the melted chocolate (again, use a spatula)
  6. Pour batter into ramekins (batter should be about 1 inch deep)
  7. Bake 10-12 mins, until they look cooked but the centers are still jiggly.
  8. Cool 5-10 mins, then serve as is, or with whipped cream, ice cream, both, etc.

If you're wondering what makes the inside squishy, it's basically uncooked batter. And OMG is it ever rich and delicious. I'm afraid I couldn't wait for mine to cool so I just ate it very carefully.

Omnomnomnom.

I have no pictures to prove our dressagzes, so you'll just have to make do with chocolate cake pics. 

19 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes, yes they do. Did you lick the screen?

      Delete
  2. Oooooo I might make these tonight... and then bring them to the barn tomorrow because if I don't, I'll eat all of them and get sick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you need to make them. And eat at least one or three.

      Delete
  3. Yum! Totally need to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lack of dressagze pictures: totally my fault. I was too busy playing with the Golden Boy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. But cake with recipe is always good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Next time I'm in Texas - I'm staying with you....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I can figure out how to reheat these little suckers at GW, I'll bring some.

      Delete