Sunday, May 23, 2010

Looking for a home

A little black kitten who is between 6 and 8 weeks old showed up at our house yesterday morning. No mamma, no siblings, and no idea where he came from.

At first, I thought he was feral, but after feeding him for a day (I know, I know, but how could I not?), he's actually very friendly.

We have coyotes and hawks here who would love to make a snack of a little kitten, plus we already have two indoor kitties (which is the limit), so he needs to find another home. I don't want to take him to the shelter, because we all know what kind of home he will end up with there.

I will take him to the vet this week to get him checked for Feline Leukemia and Feline AIDS, plus have him vaccinated, de-wormed, and treated for fleas. I am also willing to pay for his neutering when he's old enough, but I will only give him to someone who SWEARS they will have him fixed.

This little guy is extremely friendly once you start petting him. He especially loves to have his tummy rubbed. He'll let you pick him up and just goes limp in your hands. He will make a wonderful, loving pet, especially if someone gets him now and spends a little time feeding him and loving on him.

So... anybody interested in an adorable little kitten? Post in the comments or send me an email. I really, really want to find him a loving home!

This is his fifth meal today. He's finally starting to slow down and eat instead of just inhaling it. Poor little guy is very, very thin.

You can sort of see that he's got some longish hairs, so he might turn out to be a little fluffy. He's also got some brown striping in his coat, so he might end up more of a tabby than a solid black.

Enjoying a chin scritch while showing off his pretty green eyes.

Aaah, the belly rub! He loves these and will roll over for one at a moment's notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment