Monday, August 15, 2011

"Crappy" weekend

Saturday morning, I looked out my kitchen window, and there it was in the back corner of my yard - I'd been piling it higher and deeper for far too long, and I really needed to do something about it. I mean, there's really only so much sh1t you can put up with before you just can't take it any more. Besides, the sh1t was really going to hit the fan if I didn't do something about it, and soon.

So I got my sh1t together and posted an ad on Craigslist: Free manure, delivered! I'd tried getting rid of the stuff by having people coming and getting it themselves, but most folks just seemed to crap out, even when they said they'd be there to pick some up. I did have one lady who came over and I gave her all the sh1t she was willing to take (which sadly barely made a dent in my giant pile), and told her to come back if she ever wanted more, as there was plenty more where that came from.

Anyway, I got a call pretty quickly from an interested party, and after we shot the sh1t for a while, I got his address and we agreed to a delivery time.

Now it's one thing to load a truck full of manure when you're using a (borrowed) bobcat, but do you have any idea what a sh1tty job it is to do by hand, in 100+ degree heat? It was windy too and I literally had sh1t on my face by the time I was done. I took a quick shower before heading over for the delivery, and sure as sh1t, I was right on time. The guy and his wife were so excited to get some compost for their garden - "Now that's some good sh1t!" the wife kept saying. It's good to know that the next time I find myself neck deep in sh1t, I have people I can call on.

Of course, now it's Monday and the horses just keep producing more to add to the pile... I guess it's just the same old sh1t, different day.

3 comments:

  1. LOL! Sorry you had such a sh1tty weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ;) I've got a sky high pile around here too. Needs to be turned. No machine available so I'll be a shoveling fool soon. Ain't that some sh1t?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CFS, it's a sh1tty job, but somebody's gotta do it!

    ReplyDelete