And that I'm going to share the chocolate cake recipe, because it's for MOLTEN CHOCOLATE LAVA CAKE and it's so easy and so (soooooo) delicious. And everyone needs this in their lives.
Preheat oven to 400F. Butter & flour 6 ramekins or small Pyrex baking dishes
- Cream 1/3 cup sugar with 4 tablespoons of butter
- Add 3 eggs, one at a time, and beat very, very well after adding each one (I have a stand mixer, I used high speed for 2 minutes after each egg)
- Fold in 1/3 cup of flour (I used a spatula for this - basically, you don't want to use a mixer for this, just gently stir in the flour)
- Melt 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips (or 8 oz baking chocolate, whatever you have on hand) (I do this in the microwave, 30 seconds at a time, stirring lots in between. It doesn't take long and you don't want to burn the chocolate, so be careful!)
- Fold in the melted chocolate (again, use a spatula)
- Pour batter into ramekins (batter should be about 1 inch deep)
- Bake 10-12 mins, until they look cooked but the centers are still jiggly.
- Cool 5-10 mins, then serve as is, or with whipped cream, ice cream, both, etc.
I have no pictures to prove our dressagzes, so you'll just have to make do with chocolate cake pics.